Monday 3 December 2007

"Forget Me Not"

by Isabel Wolff

Last weekend I was ‘lucky’ enough to be one of the chosen ones to catch a damn flu! Yay! And so, my housemates forced me to stay put & get alotta rest so I just pulled up my blanket and just stare at the ceiling. then I saw a flash of light!! Ok ok I’m exaggerating. I didn’t see any flash of light. Ughh.. whatever. I just had a flashback memory thingy you know. And I recalled that I did buy a book in Changi Airport with the intention of reading it while waiting for Yah for 3 hours. But when I read the first 6 pages, I just stopped.

It was a complete mistake judging the whole book just by reading the first few pages. I should have continued on. And surprisingly, the book is AWESOME. Well not awesome, I can’t put it that way cuz I didn’t really like the ending. But the whole entire plot and events and the way the author organized the whole story, I think it’s brilliant. And no kidding, I did kinda laugh out loud while reading it. Cuz there were funny parts of course! How can you not read about a single mom’s life that has a child that can speak Spanish at the age of 2 (she wasn’t even 2 yet!). OMG seriously I find it hilarious everytime she tried to talk to her daughter and the little girl replied in Spanish. How adorable is that!

I’m not gonna give anymore details on the book.cuba try dulu” –just like a typical malay kan..?

2 comments:

heyitswani said...

oooh..no wonder ur been going abt how to'not judge buk by its cover' patutlerrr..

mir.i.am said...

hahahaa.x jugak. keh3. ada mksud tersirat sbnarnye yg psl dun judge a book by its cover tuu. heheee~~